Skip to main content

Community Roundup - Thursday, May 16, 2024

• 17 May 2024
  • 0 replies

Happy Thursday All!  

I hope you’re having a great week. I know it’s been a busy one so I’ve highlighted this week’s most popular articles and discussions in the community. Did I miss one of your favorites? Add it in the comments below!

Here’s the list...

@AricaFN ‘s article on extracting data from custom commands is a great discussion for anyone that has to go beyond the data model to tailor the Forward platform to their organization’s specific needs. 

@Christopher is on fire (hehe) with this new NQE query that uses the Forward Enterprise aclEntry object to provide consistent output from any Firewall vendor.

And if you’re interested in automation, @Christopher’s article on interfacing with Forward with API and Python is a great example to follow. 

@Mike ‘s complete NQE tutorial video series is the go to for anyone learning NQE or experts brushing up on the finer points. 

Building on @cariddir‘s scripts, @RobertWelch create this plug-and-play NQE to unify the Fortinet Version output for comparison and inventory analysis.  

And if you haven’t watched it yet, I highly recommend checking out @Andreas and @devecis’s video on optimizing NQEs. You’ll laugh. You’ll cry. You’ll have better functioning NQEs. 

And if you take away nothing else…

Have a great weekend!

@davetee 

0 replies

Be the first to reply!